Our Vision at the French Broad Food Co-op is to be a transformative force in our community and in our work, and to serve as a model of a sustainable business alternative that nurtures social and economic well-being in an environmentally sensitive manner.
The French Broad Food Co-op is dedicated to serving our owners and the Western North Carolina community by providing high quality natural foods and personal care products through a mutually beneficial exchange.
- We support consumption of healthful and organic foods, grown or produced locally with ecological and social responsibility.
- We encourage informed choice and consumer empowerment, with an emphasis on education and customer assistance.
- We are committed to use profits to strengthen and improve the Co-op community, and to provide a livable wage to our employees.
- We pledge to maintain a pleasant environment that fosters goodwill, cooperation, and participation.
The Co-op defines “cooperative” according to the following principles, as articulated by the International Co-operative Alliance, copyright 2005 - 2010:
1. Voluntary and open membership
2. Democratic member control
3. Member economic participation
4. Autonomy and independence
5. Education, training, and information
6. Cooperation among cooperatives
7. Concern for community
The Co-op shall not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, religion, age, gender, sexual preference, or other arbitrary basis.
MON.-SAT. 8am to 9pm
SUN. 11am to 7pm