French Broad Food Co-op is owned by more than 1500 Owners, governed by a Board of Directors, and operated by a paid staff. Owners have always been the backbone of
the Co-op, supporting it financially and participating in governance. As a cooperative, we are committed to being responsive to our Owners and shoppers. This can best be accomplished when the Board reflects the wide diversity and interests of our Owners.
Board of Directors elections are held each year at the Annual Meeting & Party.
Save the Date for the FBFC 2014 Annual Meeting!!
June 1, Annual Meeting from 2 - 4, after party 4 - 6
at Handmade in America
Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board has three primary duties.
- To ensure sound management of the co-op
- To act as trustees on behalf of the membership
- To set long-range goals and plan for the future
To fulfill these responsibilities, the Board of Directors focuses on four key areas:
- Hiring and evaluating the CEO
- Financial oversight
- Long-range strategic planning
- Recruitment of replacement directors
Members are welcome to attend the board meetings on the third Thursday of each month at 5:30 upstairs in the Movement & Learning Center. If you want to contact the co-op's Board of Directors, please use the emails listed below:
1) Bob LeRoy, Treasurer, email@example.com
2) Justina Prenatt, President firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Jennifer Gustafson, Secretary email@example.com
4) Alanna Hibbard firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Sarah Oram email@example.com
6) Stephen Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
7) Pauline Heyne email@example.com
8) Kelly Fain firstname.lastname@example.org
9) Danielle Goldstein email@example.com
10) Josh Littlejohn firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean Karpen, Board Assistant, email@example.com
MON.-SAT. 8am to 9pm
SUN. 11am to 7pm